This summer, the San Francisco SPCA will offer a whole lineup of Summer Animal Camps for kids interested in learning more about animals and the animal welfare community. What better way to spend the summer than making new friends, learning together, playing games and hanging out with amazing animals?
- DATES: Weekly sessions from June 10th - August 9th
- Unfortunately, we are no longer able to offer Week 1 (June5-7), Week 10 (Aug 12-16) or Week 11 ( Aug 19-23) We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Camp runs Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Weekly fee is $440.
- Extended care is available from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM for a flat fee of $100 per child.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for qualified applicants. The deadline for financial aid registrations is May 1.
- Camp takes place at our Mission Campus, at 243 Alabama St.
- Animal Time- One of the highlights of our day is when the kids spend time with our education animals and adoptable animals. Kids will see up to 3 animals each day, but due to the needs of our animals, we cannot spend more than 2 hours of our day interacting with the animals in small groups of 10-12 children. We will spend the rest of our time learning about animals, playing animal games, singing singing animal songs, doing animal art projects, and reading animal books.
Cancelations and Refunds
Because our staff is working around the clock to ensure your child has the absolute best time possible at camp, we have a strict refund policy once camp begins.
- Please email any cancelation requests to HumaneEducation@sfspca.org
- We cannot make any switches, instead you will need to register for another session and cancel your initial session.
- February 18th - April 30th a $25 administrative fee will be charged to any cancellations.
- After May 1st a $50 administrative fee will be charged to any cancellations.
- Within 1 week of the start of the program, there will be no refunds for any cancellations or changes (extended care included).
Summer Animal Camp Schedule
Note: we have multiple classes for 2nd and 3rd grade. Please pick the same group as your friends. Please also register your child for the grade they will be going into the fall.
Kind Kids [1st - 2nd grade] Registration opens Monday, February 18th at 9am
Cool Cats [2nd - 3rd grade] Registration opens Tuesday, February 19th at 9am
Pet Pals [3rd-4th grade] Registration opens Wednesday, February 20th at 9am
Furry Friends [5th - 6th grade] Registration opens Thursday, February 21st at 9am
Animal Advocates [7th-8th grade] Registration opens Friday, February 22nd at 9am